To create an online campaign which would build excitement and buzz online about a brand-new big cat exhibit at ZSL London Zoo – without being able to show the exhibit itself. It had to communicate the campaign’s three key messages:
- Two new big cats in London
- Brand new tiger exhibit opening
- Only 300 Sumatran tigers left in the wild
Combine two of the internet’s favourite things: cats and maps, and Cat Map was born.
The standalone site was built on a customised and fully interactive map to which cat owners could add their own cat, including a name, photo and description – plotted exactly where it lives on a map of the world.
Cat-lovers can explore their local neighbourhoods for the, see the top-rated cats in the world, or filter by cat/kitten, male/female, and colouring of cat such as tabby, tortoiseshell or ginger.
In the centre was the Zoo with it’s own unique tiger icons – one for each of the two Sumatran tigers who were moving into their new home.
- 17,000+ cats added
- 9 million PR reach including national & international press coverage (See Time Out, Metro Online, The Londonist, Wired and PR Examples)
- Viral on social media all over the world